Carrie Cochran, MA, LMHC, NCC
Carrie is in private practice in the Turning Point Counseling and Coaching office located at 1316 King Street, Suite 4, Bellingham, WA 98229.
Approach and Background
Carrie integrates Narrative Therapy, attachment theory, and sensory techniques based in neuroscience and Polyvagal Theory. Her primary form of therapy is Lifespan Integration. She is certified in Lifespan Integration and offers support to other therapists as a consultant for LI. Her strength is in finding ways to heal the places where the past and present meet, and in helping to find meaning after deep grief and/or trauma. Her gentle, encouraging style offers a safe place for people to heal from current changes or past developmental trauma.
· Western Washington University, B.A. in Psychology, minor in Sociology
· Messiah College, M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Selected Training and Professional Roles, Licenses and Certificates
· Lifespan Integration, Certified, Consultant level
Trust-Based Relational Intervention (TBRI) Practitioner
National Board Certified Counselor (NCC)
Washington State Licensed Counselor (LMHC)
International Association of Certified Complex Trauma Professionals (CCTP-2)
American Counseling Association, Member
Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
· Current position as a counselor for adult survivors of sex trafficking
· Sexual Assault Program Coordinator, provided individual and group advocacy & trained volunteer advocates
· Domestic Violence Coordinator for Children and Youth, provided individual and group support for middle and high school students in area schools and within the juvenile justice system
· Coordinator for a homeless youth program
· Contract trainer for staff serving vulnerable youth and families, & parenting class facilitator
· Foster & Adoptive Parent
· Carrie lives with her husband, Chris, and children in Birch Bay.
· She enjoys animals and spending time near any water she can find.