Carrie Cochran, MA, LMHC, NCC
Carrie is in private practice in the Turning Point Counseling and Coaching offices in Blaine (Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays) and Bellingham (Mondays and Wednesdays). She is also a licensed instructor for Lifespan Integration and travels regularly to provide training for other counselors.
Approach and Background
Carrie integrates Narrative Therapy, attachment theory, and sensory techniques based in neuroscience and Polyvagal Theory. Her primary form of therapy is Lifespan Integration. She is certified in Lifespan Integration and offers support to other therapists as a consultant and trainer for LI. Her strength is in finding ways to heal the places where the past and present meet, and in helping to find meaning after deep grief and/or trauma. Her gentle, encouraging style offers a safe place for people to heal from current changes or past developmental trauma.
Carrie is available to support therapists being trained in Lifespan Integration. A large part of her current work is supporting therapists in their own personal LI work as well as consulting on their treatment planning for client work. She travels in her role as Lifespan Integration instructor and is passionate about sharing this unique and powerful form of therapy.
· Western Washington University, B.A. in Psychology, minor in Sociology
· Messiah College, M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Selected Training and Professional Roles, Licenses and Certificates
· Lifespan Integration, Certified, Consultant and Instructor level
Trust-Based Relational Intervention (TBRI) Practitioner
International Association of Certified Complex Trauma Professionals (CCTP-2)
Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Office of Crime Victims Advocacy Therapist Core Training
National Board Certified Counselor (NCC)
Washington State Licensed Counselor (LMHC)
American Counseling Association, Member
Washington Coalition of Sexual Assault Programs, Member
· Sexual Assault Program Coordinator, provided individual and group advocacy & trained volunteer advocates
· Domestic Violence Coordinator for Children and Youth, provided individual and group support for middle and high school students in area schools and within the juvenile justice system
· Coordinator for a homeless youth program
· Contract trainer for staff serving vulnerable youth and families, & parenting class facilitator
· Foster & Adoptive Parent
· Carrie lives with her husband, Chris, and children in the beautiful town of Blaine.
· She enjoys animals and spending time near any water she can find.