Carrie works with individuals, couples, parent & child, and families. She is in private practice part-time in the Turning Point Counseling and Coaching office located at 1316 King Street, Suite 4, Bellingham, WA 98229.
Approach and Background
She integrates Narrative Therapy, attachment theory, Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, and Lifespan Integration. She uses evidence-based strategies when appropriate to client needs and is currently going through the certification process for Lifespan Integration. Her strength is in finding ways to heal the places where the past and present meet, and in helping to find meaning after deep grief and/or trauma. Her gentle, encouraging style offers a safe place for people to heal from current changes or past developmental trauma.
· Western Washington University, B.A. in Psychology, minor in Sociology
· Messiah College, M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Selected Training and Professional Roles
· Theophostic Prayer Facilitation (now known as Transformation Prayer)
· Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Lifespan Integration Levels 1,2,3
· Current position as a counselor for adult survivors of sex trafficking
· Sexual Assault Program Coordinator, providing individual and group advocacy & training volunteer advocates
· Domestic Violence Coordinator for Children and Youth, providing individual and group support for middle and high school students in area schools and within the juvenile justice system, as
well as training of volunteer advocates for a children’s program
· Coordinator for a homeless youth program
· Contract trainer for staff serving vulnerable youth and families, & Love and Logic parenting class facilitator
· Foster & Adoptive Parent
· Adoption caseworker
· Carrie lives with her husband, Chris, and children in Birch Bay.
· She enjoys animals, reading, and spending time near any water she can find.